Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Big week, funeral, shan dong chicken.

Last week church hosted/ran Maitland Alive, with dozens of young people from Sydney CCC churches running kids programs. They sleep at the school, which has no showers, so I hosted a bunch of them each night for showers except Wednesday (when they go out for showers and dinner with other people). 35 showers total, to usually 6 people each night at 2 timeslots although sometimes some others, and it was nice to get to know them. I know how tiring mission is and you just want to go to bed, so I tried to make showers not a tiring ordeal and make it nice for them to unwind, so I baked cookies on the Sunday before for them, and while they waited for their turns we watched If You Are The One and played with Percy. It was great. I was given tea and a teapot and 2 seasons of friends at the end of the week as a thankyou. 

I had taken Friday off to play piano at MA, which ended up being when I melted down in tears and spent the morning on my bed instead. For some reason I stuck with my plan to have a productive day anyway, and went to 1825 and ordered a table, went to Spotlight and chose curtains for my room, went to church office and spent some time helping K with Elvanto, then went to parents and borrowed their drill and some chips, then went home and put up the curtain rod and curtain, and washed dozens of tea towels from MA. See tea towels and curtains in picture below.


On Saturday I was pretty tired and still teary so I stayed at home all day, and achieved a small amount of tidying up, I cleared off a stubborn clutter zone. And washed and ironed some table linen for MA. This is my drawing desk in action at some point.


On Sunday I went to church in the morning, quickly went home and ate and packed, picked up Julia, and we drove to Goulburn.


Monday was Granny's funeral. It went smoothly, it was another day of crying and getting tired. It was also cold and bleak. You could use the word "bitter". I felt the need to have a hot chocolate at the Paragon before I left, which mum and dad and Julia also partook of.


Julia and I left at 4.30 and she drove us to the airport, then I met Anna and we had Shan Dong chicken at Kingsford Chinese. All the garlic. Golden Tower is gone! And I couldn't find Albie's Kitchen. Typical Kingsford. You think you know where something is and either it's on a different block or it's closed down. Then I drove home in slight rain but at least the traffic was minimal and it was an easy drive and I wasn't too tired after dinner. I ate lollies and blasted the radio.

No comments: