Friday, January 30, 2015

Bushwalking adventure, teapot lids, flowers.



The above is my favourite song at the moment. Lovely drawing music.

Saturday: Hardcore bushwalking / beginner canyoning. The place was Deep Pass. I was SOOOOO glad I had made the jump to real boots, this was the time I definitely needed them. Splashing through shallow creeks. My feet stayed dry!






Sunday: I stayed home, half of the group went to church. I did a few drawings, read Messy Ministries book, rested. This is our house and view behind it 5 min walk away.




We did sparkler photos on Sunday night, we did the spelling thing on our first Aus day weekend, and this posing thing was our own idea. This was just to use up the last 3 sparklers, and turned out to be an ALMOST awesome trial run. If we had another packet of sparklers to get it right it would have been the best thing you have ever seen. Youth group game potential for sure.



Monday: didn't get much done other than eating, packing, and driving. But tried out Josephan’s new Gingerbread themed cafe in a church building in Katoomba. It has a GOOOOOD hot chocolate. Had a really smooth drive home.


Other highlights: it was lovely that my youngest sister joined. And we had the best sleep in ages. Proper cool nights after hard exercise and some emotional weeks, we both commented how refreshed we felt.

Sadly, on Friday night, I broke the lid of my new teapot. It was a gift from Maitland Alive shower girls. I put it in the bin then changed my mind and spent the week carefully glueing it back together.



I promptly broke the lid of my infuser tea mug at work today. But it's only in 2 clean pieces.

I bought myself these straw flowers! I took a mini bunch of them to work. The main bunch at home. I didn't realise that they are really thirsty flowers though so in one day 3 inches of water disappeared and some of them got droopy heads. So I pulled those ones out and hung them upside down to dry out, because that's the second life for straw flowers, they dry and then you have a bunch of dry flowers.



No comments: