Saturday, April 26, 2014

Short week

I’ve always liked driving in the country. I enjoy my new commute, and any other driving I do. I have a lovely car to drive in too. So that’s something I appreciate every day, although I find it SOOOO weird that I’m not a footloose and fancy free non-car-owner any more. No longer do I rely only on my legs and the government bus system. I found my headphones in my handbag a week ago and it was like, Wow, I didn’t know where these were for a month and that used to be devastatingly inconvenient, I used my headphones all the time on buses and walking, and now I never use them and forgot where they were. 

I now know non-Xns again. Have had a couple of people bring up something about Jesus or God in conversation with me, and even though I haven’t had many chances in the last few years to talk much with non-Xns I’m doing OK I think, at either explaining something the Bible says, or saying something about my own faith. I used to think it was a duty/challenge to refute the Agnostic, but that’s like punching fog and I’ve given up on my own powers to convince him, so I’m a bit calmer these days, and I can say things that are thought-provoking instead, which is going ok. The Agnostic said I’m less didactic. But still pushing gently back. Didactic means judgemental which I already know, judgy is the word I use, I'm an INFJ so it's ingrained. A song that captured that side of me embarrassingly well is 'Don't call it love' by Christa Wells. 

I enjoyed house sitting with JK last week. Dog sitting too. 




The local coffee shop. 



Did a short bush walk with my walking group. 

Only working 3 days this week and then going to Sydney for funtimes. Then helping work at Tocal Field Days  on Sunday so next week will be really long. 

No comments: