Tuesday, April 8, 2014

New life.

I'm gradually establishing a new sense of normal. It's been weird being in M every weekend and not just one visit. I've had enjoyable things to do on the weekend which is good fertiliser for my new roots. I've enjoyed being on twitter because that keeps me in the loop w a couple of people I am used to being in the loop of.

Also step two has been taken, (step one being buying iPhone) and I have a car. It is a nice brand new corolla in a very nice orangey red. I never wanted or needed to drive in Sydney, but driving is unavoidable up here, although it's a lot less hideous than in Sydney, i do get to drive on beautiful country roads. So this car is a blessing I'm very thankful for. 

Work is going well. I've spent lots of time making ebooks which is my job, a significant number of hours doing IT training, induction modules online, ringing help desk to get all the email and time sheet access happening, installing everything on my computer. I think I'm 99% set up now though. And then a tiny amount of time doing little jobs for people. 

I'm eating too much chocolate. And missing a lot of incidental exercise that came from being carless. Suppose I'll have to do more deliberate exercise instead. I've got my reputation as a nacker out there though!

I got a couple of xn books for my bday. Trying to read them. I'm a bit hopeless at reading nowadays. I do audiobooks more easily. 

And that's everything. It's weird how much my blogging has changed since I left Sydney. I was right to end Jelssie cos that whole part of my brain seems to have died.

Here are few more photos. A bower bird nest, grass, and stopped at roadworks in the fog.





 

No comments: