Friday, April 26, 2013

Randwick Avocado Festival.

What a beautiful harvest day.

I got up a bit early and got a batch of bread happening, a load of washing on, and ate porridge. First porridge for the winter. Caught up on The Following. Baked bread, and then walked to E's house. Enjoyed seeing families from Cathedral days. Enjoyed painting my nails while the men cut avocados off the tree and the kids ran around picking them up.


This is my bread. Mmmm. E did home made sausage rolls.


This is the harvest at about 500. Each plastic bag contains 20.


The climber throws to the catchers.


Total harvest was 616! And then we finished the afternoon with E's cake made of layers of cream and crepes. Nom nom nom, as the young people say when something is delicious.


I took a bag of 20, and gave 7 away to different friends I met as I walked home. It was a lovely day. So full I didn't have dinner, just yoghurt and cookies. I was kind of disappointed that I had to go back to work on Friday. But, I cheered up when I went to bed (at 8.30pm) because I was sleeping on clean sheets on a weeknight!

4 comments:

cyberiagirl said...

Argh, so jealous. Avocados are on my 'top 5 missed foods' list. :(

Jessica said...

Hopefully you can catch up on them in heaven, if not sooner. I don't know why they are so expensive in the shops. They seem easy enough to grow.

Daily said...

Looks like fun and I love the new title for it. The annual Randwick Avocado festival.

Jessica said...

Come back soon Andrew!