Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bowral day.

It was hard not to have a nice long weekend, with such weather. It was good weather for cleaning and washing, so I did some of that. I enjoyed morning church on Good Friday. Had the most fabulous swim on Saturday morning, and had lunch in the park with a friend. Had a ladies lunch with excellent home cooked food on Monday in Ashfield, with nail painting and Miranda for entertainment. I am now wearing purple Butter London nail polish, and I'm not sure about it... But that's the fun of nails!

The centrepiece of the weekend was Sunday, when E and I caught a train to Bowral for the day. I had to get a 6.40am bus for the 7.28 train, which took almost 3 hours to get up there with a bit of a connection wait at Campbeltown. So we arrived hungry and it was a little cold, so we rushed straight to the elephant boy cafe and had tea and shared a slice of cake. That's what it's all about.



Then we went to the bag and scarf shop, where I almost bought a bag and a scarf. We went to the earring shop Kish, where I did buy 6 pairs of earrings, but some are for gifts... It's my favourite earring shop. I am still wearing a pair from when I lived there 6 years ago, almost every day. The have so many earrings. 4 of these tables.



Then we went to some antique shops and I bought a brass box to keep nail polish in. E almost bought a dressing table. I almost bought another bag. Then we had a really nice cheap lunch, in an organic bakery... $6 pie for me, it had big strips of steak. I should make pie. Here is the pie with the brass box.


But after that I didn't have as much energy, and the shops were hot and I just wanted to sit down outside. So eventually I sat on a husband bench and read while E browsed nail polish, she found quite the bargains! 2 bottles of Butter London polish for $10 each! Then we found D who drove up for the afternoon, had a little walk, went to a last cafe for an iced chocolate, which revived me like it was a magical potion, so that's the power of sugar I suppose. Then we drove back to her place in Sydney which was very fast, and got the train and bus home from there in time to watch Doctor Who. What a night of TV Sunday is now! Doctor Who, Elementary, Mentalist, Miranda, not to mention Call The Midwife and Downton Abby which can't fit on my list unfortunately.



No comments: