Thursday, April 18, 2013

New nail polish.



The front 4. Sequin red, rose pink, copper brown, warm yellow. New to my collection. Ooooh soooo pretty. A little bit darker in real life, the yellow is like golden egg-yolk, right on the border of orange and yellow. These are the most expensive bottles I own. At Myer, the OPI range is $20 each. However, these were on sale on ozsale for $10 each, and also can be bought cheaper in America - so ask a travelling friend to pick things up for you, or find a way to ship them. Nail polish can attract a dangerous goods fee. I'm probably going to stick to local bargains from now on. Well, I'm probably not going to buy any more.

I'm particularly excited about the burnt orange and yellow ones. They will warm my fingers up in autumn and winter. I'm not so much of a pink person but they can look just so nice and pretty, without making a statement, so pink is an important part of a collection. The red is a bit scary. It's so deeply scarlet, with gold shimmers in it. Looks very glam. Not really me but I think it might be worth a try, and again, what is a nail polish collection without a bold red?

One thing I want to try is masking. I can't find my flower craft punch, but I'd like to try punching a shape out of masking tape, sticking it on my nail, and painting. Example of very simple nail masking… http://hellomissong.com/tag/masking-tape-uses/

A final note: they are on sale again right at this moment, and I am RESISTING! Even though I really NEED some green, a nice forest green and maybe a cool teal or aqua. UNLESS anyone else wants to order some and we can split postage. But I don't want to twist anybody's arm.

No comments: