Friday, November 2, 2012

No clothes shopping update.

I've had two breaks: I bought at $6.50 t-shirt in Big W when I didn't pack enough shirts for a weekend away, and I bought a $3 wool jumper in an op shop on holidays, more as a souvenir really because I won't wear it in this weather.

Wardrobe consolidation.

This is such a slow process. Really, throwing things out is very hard for me but I know I feel great afterwards. So I just need a long long time to prepare for a Bin Event.

I shall remind myself of my reasons.
  • I traveled for 4 weeks in 2 different climates and I lived out of a suitcase. I wondered, what am I doing with all those OTHER clothes? I'm such an over-consumer.
  • I looked at the amount of space/furniture clothes storage takes up in my bedroom. I have a built in wardrobe, a chest of drawers, and a suitcase under the bed. Again, this is ridiculous if all I need is one suitcase of clothes.
  • I want a "work uniform". A bunch of clothes that I can combine without much thinking required in the morning.
However, sadly this dream can not happen unless I Get Rid Of Things. Favourite trousers that are old and baggy. Threadless t-shirts (which I plan on turning into the coolest exercise shirts ever). Clothes I bought but haven't worn and feel wrong not getting value out of before I get rid of them. I'm currently giving clothes every last chance possible to be worn or turned into something else. It's almost like shopping without shopping, wearing things that I never wear.

No comments: