Friday, November 23, 2012

Christmas tree.

Living in a small unit, and going back home for Christmas, I haven't seen need to get a Christmas tree. They just aren't the sort of thing that is very efficient. They are so big to store for the 90% of the year that is the Christmas off-season. My parent's Christmas tree is my Christmas tree.

But last year the lovely lovely homewares shop at the top of my street had lots of really awesome bare-branch light-tipped trees. Minimalist and life-like with tiny lights built in to the tips of the branches. Soooo pretty. I really wanted one. I would keep it up all year. They have even more realistic ones this year… but a very short one costs $160. Hard to find them online, but something like this.

So anyway, the seed was planted. Christmas trees are pretty and they can be very minimal; in fact, all you really need is a prop for the lights. My frugal talents are itching to be used, because fairy lights are CHEAP.

I'm thinking of using my easel, it's basically a tripod which is sort of tree-shaped. I like some of the other ideas here, the bicycle wrapped in lights is pretty and so is the 2 dimensional tree shape on the wall made out of lights. I'm thinking that idea 17, tying scraps off cloth around the light cord before I wrap it round the easel, would be a bit pretty and doable. Maybe some organza.

No comments: