Monday, August 27, 2012

What I did on my weekend.

Engage conference. Next year I aim to not be tired. I looked forward to this conference every year, and yet again the late nights and strange bed and the cold weather turned me into half a zombie, which makes me crave chocolate and wish the music would be quieter and the talks shorter. I saw my brother up there, but didn't catch up with many people.

I also helped the friend of a friend tidy up her house for her in-laws to visit on Saturday afternoon. One of those crafty people who see potential in everything and have more inspiration than discipline in their life. I really couldn't sit there and do cross-stitch while she flapped around among the mess and babies saying "I'm just not motivated" so I helped her. And I do believe that other people's mess is a bit easier to work with, because you are undistracted by the sentimental value of the mess, and can get more quickly to the 'before and after' transformation. Anyway, it was a weird and sort of taking-over thing to do in an almost strangers' house (it was the second time I was visiting), but on the other hand it was a practical and loving way to help. It's hard to know where the boundaries are, sometimes.

No comments: