Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Braces update.

Yesterday I had my ortho appt delayed from 2 weeks ago. The hygenist said I had a cavity, but privately I have decided I'm not going to the dentist until my braces come off, because I'm sure there will be more surprises under those bands, besides needing a clean.

The appt was to remove a screw in my jaw and put it in a different place. In the end, he changed his mind about the xrays and moving the screw in my jaw, (second time changed mind about that!) because the gap is smaller. I thought it was wishful thinking. He put some more rubber chains in my mouth, and a few hours later my teeth were tapping again (when I try and clench my teeth 2 teeth bump into each other and the rest can't meet) and when I stick the spark plug calliper into the gap, it doesn't fit! I have to fold back a piece! So it has very quickly gone from over 2mm to about 1.6mm.

He said that when the gap gets to 1mm, that will be it. 

Next appointment is 11/9 so he seems optimistic that the rest of the mm can close in 4 weeks, I guess. I wonder what else will happen after the gap being closed, or if that's it and my braces can come off? I'm starting to get excited that the end of the year is a realistic goal for biting into an apple.

No comments: