Friday, August 10, 2012

Pillow update.

My neck tension has subsided again. I've had two attacks of neck-shoulder pain, about a month apart, with some neck stiffness the rest of the time. I think it's triggered by my braces, because my teeth are uneven at the moment, but I'm trying to cover every possibility.  I've swapped things around at work, moved my mouse to the left hand. I've tried different hairstyles to reduce the weight on my head. I'm keeping my jaw tucked shut even if my teeth don't meet. I'm minimising carrying a heavy bag where I can. I've had a massage. I'm doing physio stretches. And because I went to bed relaxed from a massage and woke up tense again I have bought a special shaped foam pillow for sleeping. (FYI, a Denton Medi Rest on sale from My House $66)

It is higher than I am used to, and the foam is more rigid than the feather pillows I had, but that's what I need because I was mashing those feather pillows into all sorts of neck-twisting shapes in my sleep. I wish I didn't have to use it, but I think it is beneficial. After a week, I think I'm getting used to it.

No comments: