Monday, July 23, 2012

UFO goal.

I'm going to finish my cross stitches. One is basically done, it's a big teddy bear thing I started 15 years ago. I've been sewing beads onto it to fancy it up. I'm not going to get it framed and hang it up, because I'm not into teddy bears any more. I'll just put it away until someone (a sister or a lifelong friend or possibly though unlikelyly me) has a baby. So there's no deadline on that, but end of the year will do.

The other one I bought when I finished my HSC, so that's 10 years. I recently got it out, and I'm on a roll. I did something like 3 hours on it on Sunday, staying warm in bed. It's very pretty and also timeless, young but grown-up at the same time, and will look really good framed and hung up. So I think I can finish this year easily. I'm well over half way done. I mainly have the bunches of flowers and the tree and the bike spokes and some white (TIP: do white as late as you can because it gets dirty from your hands).


If I can knock these over AND fix up my chest of drawers (I've bought the varnish!) then that will be quite good. Next year I will try to finish a quilt, and make a shirt or something from some fabric I got in Bowral, and make a new doona cover from some material I brought back from Namibia. It's like running in a treadmill. Constant motion but always another thing coming around, and I rarely feel like I get to START a project. Or CHOOSE a new project. The choosing was done in the distant past, but the project unfinished remains forever.

No comments: