Monday, December 12, 2011

What I did on my weekend.

Saturday
I did Jillian.
I went to Bec and Elsie's Tupperware party. Ordered a mini pickle lifter for my olives.
I went to Eastgardens to do Christmas shopping. There was no money in my account because it was the day after rent. So I payed a dollar to use the internet kiosk and transfer money. I bought myself a 2012 diary (25% off kikki k) and no Christmas presents.
I went home then straight into the city to the Brandenburg, Noel Noel concert. I had a free ticket from Julia Booth. I sat with her Grandma's friend, we had a great time chatting and the music was amazing. Amazing.
Watched Miss Marple while transcribing into new diary.
Sleep.

Sunday
Watched some Miranda.
Helped friends clean their unit after their move. Oh my goodness, I've never cleaned such a filthy place. Student flat for too long. 10 years worth of black stuff on the inside of the windows. Kitchen literally falling apart. One of those ceilings as if someone has hosed wet toilet paper up into the air and it's stuck on and collected 50 years worth of grunge and you can't clean it. Carpet old and disgusting so that vacuuming is futile. And the best part is, apparently the landlord isn't planning on replacing the carpet but will rent it out for $550 a week. Two hours of washing walls and windows has left me a little sore. Jillian in the real world.
Home for quick shower and lunch then to carols practice. On the way, invented walking barefoot in the rain carrying shoes to keep shoes dry.
Back to Eastgardens for Christmas shopping attempt #2! Had a hot chocolate and a banana.
Back to church for sound-check and sausage, then played the carols event, which rocked. Made 2 real mistakes but neither were super awkward. Packed up, and left at 8.30.
Ate chocolate and yoghurt with Miranda for an hour to unwind.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Which Kikki K diary did you get? I hope to get a super awesome one while I'm overseas, although I'm having trouble deciding what kind of diary to get.

Its ridiculous what landlords can get away with for $550 a week!

Jessica said...

Olive green leather, A6.