Friday, December 16, 2011

5 months of Jillian.

Vintage lady using exercise machine, pre Jillian.


Yes! amazingly, the Jillian fad has been sustained for almost half a year. Well done us! A medal for consistency, if not fierce intensity.

In terms of results, I wouldn't say I've got "shredded", but there are some slight improvements in some of my measurements. I'd say some fat has been redistributed into muscle, so probably my shape has changed some. I still have an ok layer of fat though, because I haven't cut down my calorie intake. Chocolate still gets eaten, that's a fact of my life. I guess there are worse habits though! I think my posture is better, because my back and shoulder muscles are stronger. When I clench muscles, I feel more muscle mass moving. So there is no radical before and after shocks, my clothes aren't too big now or anything, but I feel the difference in myself.

We hope to continue doing Jillian around 3 times a week (I manage 4 when I can) because we love the feeling. It's quite satisfying to commit to 3 hours a week (which is not a huge inconvenience) and know it's about the right amount to make us at least a little bit strong and fit.

No comments: