Friday, November 19, 2010

Baking round 2.

This is a very regular sort of white loaf recipe I got out of my bible study leader's cook book. I added a teaspoon of bread improver (with a teaspoon of yeast and 750g of flour, butter and warm water). I kneaded it for 5 or 10 minutes, which I learnt how to do from a youtube video. The internet is so handy.


Then it just sits for 50 minutes or so on top of my warm oven (while baking veggies for dinner) and it doubled.

 
Then I brushed it with milk and baked it for 30 minutes, and it was done! My oven is hotter at the back. I don't know if the back or the front of the oven is the correct temperature.


It is a bit doughy, like a good damper. I ate it with my baked veggies! It's all part of the $2 a day challenge. The lentils weren't that nice, but the bread made it satisfying anyway. I need to buy some mixed seeds so that I can bake multigrain. I think you just need to soak the grain overnight.

1 comment:

apple said...

wow! you're amazing!