Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Vegetable couscous.


I had massive pumpkin cravings for a few days. Really needed to eat some veg, after a few days of bread, toast and other simple carbs I wasn't feeling good.

I don't often buy these packets, because they all taste the same: salty. They are so salty. Curry, mozzarella, all are salty. But it inspired me as a base for this veggie and couscous meal. I baked some pumpkin, and some mushroom. I boiled some carrot and a tin of chick peas for a few minutes before I added the couscous packet. I added some garlic, of course. Then I mixed in the pumpkin and mushroom and scooped it onto a plate of baby spinach. Once I put some fetta on top, it looked pretty fancy. Tastes OK not amazing, but it makes me feel healthy, and it looks pretty gourmet for something I invented.

No comments: