Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Knitted hats.

Karen B is a really good knitter. I've known the basic knit stitch for a long time, but I find knitting proper shaped items very daunting. Karen helped me follow this pattern, and helped me start and finish the hats, otherwise I wouldn't have made it.

I gave my final finished hat to Apple on her recent birthday picnic. Yay!

Other than having a Karen to help you, the secret to impressive knitting is probably nice wool. And cool knitting needles make it feel better.

If I knit something else, I'd like to try this pattern for a mobius cowl. I tried to put a mobius strip on the cover of a book once, but it was shot down and replaced with an hourglass, which is not as cool.

1 comment:

/Karen/ said...

No, no! The next one you must try is the Ishbel beret! ;P

The hat looks great on her, BTW!