Monday, October 11, 2010

Flags and butterflies.

Brooke Fraser has just released another beautiful album, Flags. She has a wonderful voice with a really sweet break, and because I never know and understand all her lyrics I never get bored listening to her. Once I know a lyric, there's no mystery. Particularly nice on Flags is a duet, Who are we fooling?. Duet's can be really special, and they aren't done much.

The more I discover nice music for myself and own it, the more it stays with me. When I like someone else's music, I get tired of it too fast.

I saw this massive butterfly this morning on my favourite street. I thought it must have been stuck in a web because it sat there for so long while I moved a twig out of the way to snap it, but afterwards it took off.

3 comments:

apple said...

why are butterflies considered nice, and moths yuck? That is the question.

Jessica said...

Moths are fatter, plainer, they fly into your house to get to the lights and they eat your clothes. Butterflies just float around the garden.

apple said...

I should show you my photos from the Butterfly Farm in Malaysia some time :)