Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Skirt by summer.


Apple and I have a skirt sewing project, first we chose a pattern and bought materials, then we spent another saturday cutting out the pattern and pinning bits.

I had a bit of time to sew on the weekend and I decided it would be easier if I did my sewing bit ahead of her, so that I would know what to do and we wouldn't have to keep swapping our threads in the machine. It was very quick, the actual sewing bit. Even the zipper. All I have to do now is hem it. I'm considering trying some fancy pin tucks around the bottom, but the fabric might be a bit heavy.

Note the pincushion: I made it myself. It was so annoying when Jess came over and we had to put the pins in and out of the packaging, I gave up and made this the next day.

Anyway, I shall photo the skirt once I've finished it. Currently it is "hanging up to let the bias hang out" for a few days so that the hem is straight.

2 comments:

apple said...

wow.. Impressive pin cushion! Very cute! :)

Unknown said...

Bec's been twittering about skirt making. Make sure you chat to her about it too :)

And yes, how did you make that pin cushion?