Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Granny Smith Festival, stuff.

I took last friday afternoon off to head to sydney. It was hot and there was a truck run off the road so some bad traffic on the M1, but once I got to AMs house, so peaceful.



We chucked in our saturday plan for a bush walk and instead went to the granny smith festival at eastwood, which is basically just a huge community day and not much to do with apples. I loved it.





Succulents are a good trend right now.



I also liked lying around reading chick lit.

I’ve started posting photos on instagram of really mundane things. IG is the worst social media for me, I feel like the conversation isn’t there, just the showing off. So I’ve started to post a photo each day of something very very normal, with no filter. So I’m not sharing pics of my sweet peas, food I eat in cafes, cute things. I’m sharing photos of an empty chocolate packet, messy bits in my house. I don’t know if this will make others feel better, but it makes me feel rebellious.

In work news, my time of acting team leader is almost over. I started out stressed and highly productive, and I've achieved some things, and now this week I sunk into apathy and back to my normal job really. Not completely, but pretty much. Just tired I guess. And i have some good achievements behind me anyway. It has been a good exercise for expanding my capacity.

I'm not walking enough. A bit of walking does me a world of good.

I'm psyching myself up to restart my daily drawings. Actually in Sydney at AMs church I met a lady who is a professional urban illustrator. Liz Steele. She blogs and stuff so I friended her on Facebook, and that is inspiring, seeing her watercolours. I actually don't know many people in real life who draw, come to think of it. Any? Pretty sure not.

I'm trying to re-instill good habits like making the bed and hanging up clothes. They take no time, and make such a difference.

I really liked this youtube conversation video from Sara Groves, a songwriter, about the value of "unproductive" time. I don't think being busy is bad, I've noticed that being busy is energising at the time, and opens my eyes to possibilities, and getting things done makes a difference in the world. But speed and efficiency isn't always the best way to do certain things or relate to certain people. I don't think I feel guilt about "indulging" myself with artistic pursuits. But I guess I do put a high value on efficiency, and I'm impatient with people. And things like prayer I find hard, because its not doing anything and the things I need to do push in on my mind, unless I have a big time buffer around it.

No comments: