Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Floriade 2015.

This is mainly a slightly late post about the October long weekend at Floriade. Never too late for pretty photos.

Had my first blackout for a couple of hours home alone on a Monday night. 



My peas ended so i pulled them out, but the sweet peas are still going, I only have pale pink and pale purple flowers, for some reason no bright colours. But the pale ones smell sweetest. I pick a bunch twice a week. So scented.


I had my first week of higher duties at work. The first week was stressful, as it was basically starting a new job, having new responsibilities, relating to people differently with unknown expectations, I just really wanted to figure out what it all was so that I could make a first move on everything. I actually made really good ground, figured out a lot quite quickly, but at the time it was stressful. What I do when I'm stressed is write lists, I have lists in diary, notepad, other notepad, A3 notepad, on the window, on my iCal, and also in my inbox. I think thats a record.

 Anyway, then the long weekend. I caught a train down to Eastwood to share the drive from there to ACT with JK. We had an Asian lunch and a funny conversation with the man who shared our table. 

We stopped in Goulburn at the Paragon, and then had a relaxed night eating at home and colouring in and watching TV.


The next morning we went to brunch with nearby drummers, a games shop where I bought a puzzle, koko black, lunch at the cupping room when the other 3 arrived because thats a trendy place.



We went to the art gallery which was an enjoyable interlude. I took a few photos which I might post separately. Then to the shops for food and cheap PJ pants and home for another dinner in. 3 of us went for a jog around the lake at Belconnen, Ginenderra, it was 7km, which is the longest Ive ever jogged although it wasn't non stop. It made my hips sore. But it was a good achievement. Canberra is a good town for outdoors activities.



 It felt like a very efficient day with a variety of fun.


Sunday we went to church, then Floriade. We didn’t go home and change out of jeans so it was a bit hot and close to lunchtime and I didn’t want to hang around as long as I otherwise would have. However its a good flower show and its free, except we paid for the ferris wheel.

I took photos directly down at the flowers which I'll share as something different to the mass tulip photos. You get a bit of detail and its like a large bunch of flowers.







We tried to get huge milkshakes but the queue was off putting so we had pizza at a pub nearby instead. More puzzletime.


The next morning, with only a 45 minute wait, we got a table and giant milkshakes.



A good time was had by all. 

No comments: