Monday, June 22, 2015

Failday, Coldday, Craftday.

I had one of the most miserable days of my life on Wednesday. I woke up depressed. I got to work, and couldn’t log in to my computer. My iPad had also run out of credit. I got my colleague to find the name of my IT man and rang him and left a message. We worked on my mac until 2pm with a break for morning tea and lunch. Then the computer was still quite slow, and the internet was slow because it broke on the central coast or something. So I literally got nothing done. Cried in the car on the way home. When I drove over the flats it wasn’t raining as hard and there was an amazing sunset so I drove to my footbridge and stood in the rain with my umbrella and there was also a rainbow.


Then iSelect called me back and I finally got my health privately insured (one of my 2 goals for the week). Then R came over and we did Jillian, then I did cello even though I was really tired because I am always too tired and busy to do cello practice these days so it was only my second for the week. Then I had a shower and then I had another cry. Did a bit of a mind map or something. The outcome was that I wish it was 2 years ago when I was 29 and lived in Sydney. That’s not going to happen! Decided to tidy up a drawer in a minimalist way and that was very calming. Had dinner at 5.45 pm, and watched a taped Poirot, again, that was very calming. Lesson: if everything is awful, you can still be in control of a small drawer. Texted Mudgee friend to organise holiday (2nd goal for the week).

I was pretty glad in the end that even though I was sad and tired I pushed on and ended the day with 2 big achievements (private health and a holiday organised) as well as Jillian and cello. If I had procrastinated some more I would have felt worse.

The rest of the week I was pretty normal really, but still tired. Oh another thing that came out of my crying and thinking and also the bible study we did about Serving on Tuesday night was I decided I needed to say No to at least one thing, probably two. My iCal is pretty full until September. And I think the busyness of June has made me tired and unhappy.

Thursday and Friday were basically nice normal days! So I must be in a mood cycle where I crash on Tuesdays or something.

Saturday was men's con so left at 7 to get to Tahlee at 8. I knew it was going to be a long tedious day, made worse by the rain because I had been looking forward to sitting outside by the water reading and so on. I was unprepared for the cold. I can not describe the frozen hell that was the Tahlee hall. The most wonderful of mothers came along for the day to keep me company. The music team went to a warm cafe in tea gardens which ironically sold ice cream. That cheered me up. Then we went back for bin fire, dinner and the night session. More cold. Left at 9.30 pm. It was a camp that I think did end up being worthwhile, the talks were excellent. But the physical conditions were exhausting and I'm not good at concealing my grumpiness.






Sunday was a long planned craft day with heather! We decided to up cycle granny's old wool jumpers into a blanket for heather. My main goal is to take something of granny's and make it useful, heather really liked the craft. She might collect more jumpers in op shops and make more blankets. We got to the stage of all the squares ready to piece together.






No comments: