Friday, October 11, 2013

Write it down.

After my holiday I had some really nice ideas in my head. But I was afraid I wouldn't do them once I got back into normal life, so I wrote a "todo list", even though they were fun things not jobs. J saw me and said "well done! writing something down makes you 70% more likely to do it, whether it's a fun thing or a boring thing!" (I forget the percentage but it was a lot.) This is extremely useful to know. I wonder why writing things down is so powerful? It vents emotion, calms stress AND helps you achieve your dreams. What magic is this?

Whether it's because I wrote it down or not, I have actually accomplished one of the fun things!

I bought some herb babies! Peppermint and lemongrass. $5.50 each from Heritage Gardens in Maitland. I will try and use them to make my own fresh tea.

I've previously tried to grow herbs from seed in my kitchen, and they sprouted but never grew properly and the soil in the pots went all manky so I had to give up. I don't believe that lame cliche "I'm so hopeless every plant I get dies lol lol!", it's just that I have very difficult circumstances to grow plantlife: most herbs need a lot of sun, and my apartment gets only occasional morning sun. Maybe I'll have to be very dedicated and carry them out of the house regularly to give them enough sun. Which is a pain but I guess it's still less work than a pet. Mint is very tough so it might survive. My aim is to get at least one cup of tea from each one before they die. If they survive the summer and actually grow bigger, this will be a roaring success beyond my wildest dreams.


No comments: