Friday, October 25, 2013

Photo wall.

I redid my collage doors last week. I threw out some tatty posters and put up a lot of photos instead, in a nice grid, with holiday postcards and some drawings and other little posters as well.

Step 1.
Collected the best photos from the last few years together and printed them at a shop on matte paper, MOST IMPORTANTLY paying extra for a white border. The white border frames each photos and makes the display of photos more uniform and designy.

Step 2.
Buy Scotch sticky squares. They are on the officeworks website but not instore. They are better than blu-tak cos they don't stain or damage surfaces. I found I could cut each square in half to stick a photo to my glass door surface. They stick better on smooth surfaces, I found they didn't always stick on my concrete walls cos they are a bit rough.

Step 3.
Stick photos up in a grid pattern. I organised them in columns.


Now I just hope the photos don't curl.

No comments: