Monday, October 22, 2012

My weekend, reading out loud.

Oh, how I love to relive my weekend on a Monday by typing it into my blog. I cherry-pick all the parts that sound most productive or creative, for my own pleasure. If my blog is of no interest to you, at least I can tell myself that I have a very nice life.

On Saturday afternoon I met Becky in the park and we read a book, taking turns to read out loud, for about 2 hours. I also crocheted. We read the first 4 chapters of The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett. It's a YA book, so it moves quickly and is light and quirky. We are both pretty good readers. I would like to start a club for reading out loud, but only people who are good readers would be allowed to read. Anyone could come and listen.


 
On Sunday I watched Insiders and Inside Business. I avoid the news all week, and then watch some politely moderated civilised discussion. I find it very restful, like reading the newspaper. I did some oil painting (finished one and decided another one was a failure to throw out) and some cross stitch while listening to the Hard Magic audiobook. I walked to church.

It wasn't all perfect. I ate too much junkfood. It's been getting too bready and junky for a couple of weeks. My stomach doesn't like it. I am going repent and eat kinder to my body. Fruit and salad and vegetables.

No comments: