Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Thoughts from up in the air.

Check in was a little eventful. My 2 bottles of water were confiscated... Bring an empty bottle only next time... Which looked suspicious so I was bomb wanded and frisked by security.  Then I read all the magazines I'd brought and threw them in the bin. Nice. Then I was anxious and kept rearranging my bags, and putting my things in and out of my brothers bag too. He was very calm and just kept reading war and peace part 2.  I saw a sherlock lookalike. Then we got on the plane. There is more bag space then I thought for bags and feet. But I'd be so much more comfortable if I could curl my feet up or sit on one leg. It's true that airplanes are dry. I've drunk every cup of water offered. Not one bathroom trip. It's also noisy. I watched all the good tv first, too tired to watch a movie. The spoken word stuff is good. Keep wanting to fall asleep but can't. Still one hour from singapore, 10.30pm. I check the flight map quite a lot. And there is another meal. A sandwich. My guts are feeling too crammed to put Any more stale bread in. The neck pillow is not that comfy. The eye mask I made from fleece is brilliant. There! I feel like my experiences are processed now. ... I wrote all that on the plane, and saved it til I had time and wifi.

1 comment:

Fuzzi_Sparkler said...

oh - I find it frustrating when they confiscate stuff!!! sometimes they have moisturiser in the toilets I use that. My methodology for sleeping has often been to be so exhausted I sleep on the plain, or I turn classical music on the radio that they have, I find that keeps the drone of the plane out to help me sleep.