Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Least successful long weekend ever.

I thought a few days at home, in between a weekend away and a weekend leaving the country, would be nice and relaxing. I planned to do Jillian, eat fried breakfasts, read and do cross stitch. That was a nice plan.

I didn't relax at all, for some reason. I just got tireder and tireder. My mouth, which was already sore from the ortho on Thursday, went totally ulcerous so it hurts to eat. I don't recommend having a sore mouth and braces at the same time. Mouthful of pins.

But there were some bright spots. It was fun helping Elsie clean and then having yum cha with the cleaning team. I enjoyed church on Easter Day, singing the classic "Christ is risen hallelujah" hymns at the cathedral and at wild st evening church there was a lovely acoustic item. Both sermons good. On Monday I went up to Randwick to do some shopping, and found a really good chai latte at a cafe on Alison Road… both frothy AND hot! That was a moment of pure joy among the flatness of my mood. And it was a perfect sunny day. A friend came over so we could alter some of her dresses and then we had dinner.

It really should have been a lovely weekend, but I just didn't have it in me. Now I'm back at work, tireder than before, and torturing myself by putting salt in my puffy mouth.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that cleaning was fun, you did a great job!