Thursday, March 29, 2012

Random review: Margin Call.

I was a very excited spectator of the GFC. I watched all the documentaries I could find about sub prime loans, wall street and money, downloaded the podcasts of the investor people on the ABC, read the SMH business section. I find money very interesting, and who can help staring at a car crash?

So I thought Margin Call would be an interesting movie to see, and it has a good cast of movie and TV actors I like. It's fairly simple. It's not an epic about the whole GFC, it's just about one company realising their stuff is worthless and selling it before anybody else realises. Moral dilemma, cut throat world of finance, in the end money is a delusion, and all that. Nobody dies, except a dog. There is a lot of swearing in the first quarter, and then it seems to stop. Good movie.

No comments: