Thursday, March 29, 2012

Birthday 28.

It was low-key this year, because there is enough else going on. Also, Monday doesn't suit birthdays very well. But it was lovely because getting happy text messages on my way to work cheers me up lots, and work people are lovely. We have certain small "things" we do, so that little presents mean a lot: a bag of pineapple lumps, some balloons on my desk, and a pretty bunch of flowers. And I looked forward to Mum visiting in the afternoon for shopping and dinner. It had to be a very early night for her to get home to Maitland, so i invited friends to join us at Chefs Gallery near Town Hall. Then mum got on a train and the 3 of us went to the new DESSERT AND STATIONERY SHOP a few doors down. Tasty hot chocolate. And at 8pm, I said "thanks for coming, oh it's only 8 o'clock—ah well, lets go home anyway!" and we split. It was nice to get home so early and still have a normal unwindy Monday night with my flatmate and the TV. And I had breakfast with a sister before work this morning, and office birthday celebrations in staff meeting this afternoon. So yay!

1 comment:

Ben McLaughlin said...

Happy belated Birthday, Jess