Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Scoot commute.


Moving office has taken up a lot of energy recently. Packing and moving and decluttering is tiring, and then a lot of mental space gets taken up with re-routining everyday life. New commute. New people sitting next to me. New rules for lunches in the fridge. Everything has gone basically smoothly, but it all takes up more effort for a while.

This morning I scooted to work wearing the nifty black cycling gloves I bought in Maitland on Saturday. They are to protect my hands if I fall off. I almost did today but luckily I was leaning back, which is the trick, so that if you hit a bump and your weight goes forward you have plenty of balance to catch yourself. 55 minutes and rather hard work, although I was tired in the legs from Jillian after work on Monday. Took almost 20 minutes longer than the X73 bus at 35-40 min. Bus feels short distance but slow, scooter feels long distance but fast. I need to refine my route to get the most efficient path surface and hill and traffic light combination. Everyone in the office is trialling their new commute options.

Better go test the ease of which I can carry the scooter on the bus.

No comments: