Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Made a piano keyboard cover.


This is a job I put off for 5 years. That's an epic bit of procrastination for a job that only took 30 minutes and involved no heavy lifting. I've had this scrap of quilt batting sitting on the keyboard for a long time, but it doesn't keep dust off. So I needed to ad some material to cover it and fit down the sides. I had lots of leftover cheap satin from cape making. 


I pinned it on and cut a slit for the music stand, because I like it poking through. Folded the slit and sewed it down.


Like so. Like sew :)


Then fold the edges down to get a fit, like a bed sheet, and sew. You might notice that I like to cut and pin things actually on the keyboard, rather than use a tape measure and do maths.


I trimmed off the uneven bottom edge, I didn't hem it because A) I don't care and B) this cheap satin is really slippery and hems roll all over the place and get rumpled.

And another ta-da! moment. Dust-free piano playing.

No comments: