Friday, February 10, 2012

The polaroid bandwagon and me.

Next thing on my UFO craft list is a very easy craft, idea from Pinterest. There was an article on the Atlantic site today about Pinterest, btw. You print miniature polaroids, stick them on cardboard and magnets. The original concept was cute, the size of scrabble pieces, but I did mine bigger, so that the photos are visible and actually useful as magnets. Not quite as cute though.


I downloaded some polaroid frame images off the internet, and used photoshop to place them over my photos. That's just to be fancy though, I think the tiny ones don't have a polaroid frame, just white and cut to shape. I also tweaked the colour a little to make them a bit bleached and yellowy, but I don't think that printed very obviously.


I printed them on matt photo paper at a photo printing shop, that was the part that took the longest, getting around to printing them. Then while watching Heroes I cut them up and glued them to cardboard. I used clear craft glue. It dries very fast but it works better with plastic then PVA glue. Then I took them to work and cut them out with the guillotine, so that the edges are straight and clean. Then I glued magnets to the back and trimmed them. I've painted the edges of some of them white as suggested, mixed effectiveness.


Then ta-daaaaa! 2 sets of photo polaroids, one for me and one for my friend. Happy memories of my an awesome holiday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it, Jess, love it!

apple said...

this is amazing! Love it!