Tuesday, November 8, 2011

No-one will notice I'm wearing braces if I hide them subtly like this.

Saturday was a looong day, but everything went well. C and myself were beautiful and poised, I got through the church part fine and my reception speech went well too. I recommend sincerity, rather than trying to be funny. That is the best man's job, humour. Maids of honour are safer being sweet and sincere, and if anyone laughs that's a bonus. I DID A SPEECH AT A WEDDING. I DID IT GOOD. The relief is still sinking in.

I wanted to go to a 30th birthday afterwards but when I got home at 8pm (it was a day wedding) my eyes were peppery tired from the make-up and my toes were numb from the shoes. My left toes are still slightly numb today. I watched Poirot instead and rang my parents to vent the day.

I woke up at 6am on Sunday. WHYYY??? So I went to Coles early and did shopping for cooking a beef satay for church dinner. I finished cooking by 10am so I watched the Yes Men dvds from the library, cooked lunch, had a long chat on the phone with my sister in Killarney, then had a nap. My bridesmaid hair was so nice and comfy all day. In fact it stayed so comfortable and awesome that I didn't wash my hair until Monday night, and now it looks worse... half the hairspray must still be in it.

No comments: