Friday, November 25, 2011

My hair: a truly narcissistic post.



 It's not special, and I normally don't like it much, but it's very long right now because I grew it for bridesmaidery. My poor attempts at fringes have grown back and don't need pinning anymore, and I'm LOVING the length. The bridesmaid bun was so comfy and efficient I have been doing a high bun every day ever since and it's perfect for this sticky weather. Although not good for wearing under an umbrella because they bump the spokes.

Buns look a lot better if you have more/longer hair in them. I've never liked buns on me because they looked too small for my head, but now I've got the volume. I've also discovered that it's easier to get a firm and full bun if you keep a bit of natural tangle in your hair. So I brush it into a high ponytail so it is smooth on my head, but don't brush through through the length of the pony—leave that messy. Then I usually split the hair in half and twirl the two bits into a bun with 3 bobby pins. Or I just half pull it through the hairband and do the folded pony bun. The messy hair holds better, like when hairstylists tease your hair.

The above picture is a low ponytail, which you make a hole in and pull the hair through the hold a few times then pin it in the end. Quite effective too.

No comments: