Monday, November 14, 2011

The land of the free!

I have a clear and empty horizon! I feel like i have been very busy and productive for quite a while, and last night I had a moment of realisation that everything is done! After the second wedding I had the bride's car for a week, which I made the most of, taking the sewing machine and overlocker to be serviced, and taking my broken camera charger back to the shop, and visiting Maitland with a few things to do and buy. It was useful, but I'm rather glad the car is gone now. Life is simple again. I prefer walking to work really, because I don't have to think as hard about which lane, where to turn right across traffic, parking in the one way street etc. Walkers can just walk any old how. So anyway, I am sweetly satisfied about all the things I ticked off my long list and my brain is free of anticipation of future duties. I have nothing to do for a while except plan when I should start swimming again, and what to get people for Christmas. Only easy nice things.

Here is some excitement you may have missed last week: the Friday before last I made a comment on a topic on Facebook for 702 ABC (strange domestic quirks) and it was read out on air by James Valentine! I was so happy, I made it to radio without having to make a dreaded phone call. I have rung up twice and it's very nervous. Facebook is safer. This is James Valentine reading off Facebook on the radio, perhaps looking at my very comment. Elsie said research (ie stalking) is a sign of obsession, but I just visited the webcam for the purpose of illustrating this post, there's nothing weird about that, haha!




If that wasn't enough… On the Monday, my comment was turned into an entire new topic for discussion (Your Life of Minor Crime)! This is a dream come true, even though I was represented as a sugar sachet thief. A dream, a happy dream, like going to a ball in a pumpkin coach or winning an ipad.

No comments: