Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Big amazing Saturday.

Quite a lot of photos and life to catch up on.

JK had a 10th Anniversary Prayer Pancake thing on Saturday morning. I went and helped by cooking pancakes, and then led her prayer time and finished with Amazing Grace. It was really special to gather with brothers and sisters and thank God for his faithfulness. It's grace that brought me safe thus far and grace will lead me home.


Denise came up for it, and we also went back to Maitland for the Olive Tree Markets at MRAG, and checked out the Shaun Tan exhibit and other things.





After popping home for a cup of tea and a spot of packing and car washing, we went back to JKs (she fed us pork belly!) for the music highlight of my year, Luke Thompson. K did a lovely job smothering the garage with fairy lights. The support act was great.




And LT was everything I remembered from last time I saw him, even more.  Beautiful simple sad songs, witty self-deprecating banter, let us sing along to the easy songs. Did the song I requested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w7Hhfz6CII (even though he said last time he was asked to play it he said No).


It was the sort of day I'm still thinking about a week later.

No comments: