Saturday, March 21, 2015

One year on. Brooke Fraser and Sydney friends.

Last week was the one year point, since I left Sydney.

Last year I bought tickets to see Brooke Fraser with Bec, and the Sydney show was 18 March which was a Wednesday. Not convenient for living outside Sydney, so I took 3 days of leave and spend two nights with Bec staying in her new cabin, and had a big efficient visit.

So on Wednesday I packed and drove down in the morning. I felt sad instead of happy and anticipaty, I actually cried at bible study the night before. I don't know why I'm still a bit up and down. Anyway, I got a great park at Coogee beach at about 10:30 and had a nice swim in the ladies pool.


Then I went to the dentist. My teeth are great!

Then I went to visit K and her two little girls for lunch. Then I went to the Ortho for a quick retainer check. My teeth are great! So that's all set for another year.

Then I got my annual haircut (including wash and blow dry for $45) and I am very pleased with it. Then I had a smoothie and got some Asian sauce at pacific square. Then I drove to Hurstville where Bec lives. I thought it was just normal awful traffic but there was an accident. Then we went to Newtown and had Thai in a pub and gelato and saw Brooke Fraser. I like the old sound, none of the new songs sound like a part of my life the way the old ones do, but her voice and songwriting is always amazing and she did some old ones in a new way which I enjoyed and we got to sing along to Shadowfeet and CS Lewis Song. And she has the most adorable stage persona. She announced she is pregnant which was a pretty big moment. We saw many friends in the crowd.



On Thursday, Bec and I did work/art in the cabin, then when out for lunch, then napped.


Then we cleaned the worm farm she was giving me, then we walked to Hurstville station and got a train to the city. It was a happy Asian chicken dinner with friends, absolutely wonderful. I'm counting that as a birthday dinner a week early. Bec recorded Elsie and I explaining If You Are The One to her on her phone and made a Jessie video out of it, which I LOVE. Walked over to darling harbour water park, then back to Dixon street for n2 gelato. I had baklava flavour.





On Friday I dropped my plan to go to ikea, and went straight to the beach to have brunch and a swim in the ladies pool with JB, which flowed on to a swim and then lunch with Becky. It was a stunning day.


I was so lucky to live in that area. I left at about 2:20pm and got to maitland before 5, the traffic was a little bit hairy but it was at least moving, I beat the peak.

On Saturday I slept in, and then made an exciting trip to Bunnings to return a garden fork I bought last week and buy worms and stuff. Worms cost $50! Golly. But I'm pretty delighted to finally be able to process compost to feed my garden. I started it off with most of a rockmelon that went soft and some corn husk and the paper from Percy's cage.


I moved Maddie's solar powered fairy lights from the washing line to the fence, with some nifty wire bits of my own invention. I can see them from my bed at night. You can't have too many fairy lights I say.




I have been rejoicing over the sprouting of the pea and sweet pea seeds I planted last week! There are only about 3, but I got some bamboo stakes while I was at Bunnings and I've already hammered some into the ground to start a trellis, even though they still are just wee baby sprouts and can't hang on to anything yet. I am taking great delight in my garden.


No comments: