Monday, July 28, 2014

CPW, offers, anticipating.

I suddenly decided recently that I might stop using my CPW app. I've used it faithfully for a year, and I don't think I'm getting anything out of it anymore. I've got some good data from 12 months, and it's had a good influence on my decision making process when I'm considering a purchase. Just stopping when I'm caught up in a vision of my future cool self and actually calculating how many times I need to where it to get a CPW of $4 is a good step to take. That's a good thing that I'm in the habit of considering. But it's starting to feel futile. Instead, i want to focus on reducing my wardrobe to only useful and loved things. 

I got a couple of things at just jeans for only $6 each on the weekend, which brought back teenaged memories. I felt a bit bad because I didn't need them, but I just made myself look in my drawers and remove two things to the PJs and Jillian drawer. From that drawer I occasionally chuck things out because they don't last long once I'm using them for workouts.

House hunting is going slow. I made an offer on a unit last Friday, the most expensive unit in maitland (in the prettiest street) and I offered $13k higher than my preferred price bracket just to get into the game because it is within my reach, and didn't hear back yet, so my offer clearly wasn't wowing anyone :) I am hoping something else comes up soon. It takes me a while to adjust to the idea of living in a place before I get to the point of making an offer. But now I've made two offers on different places I'm getting the hang of it and one of these days I'll get the place God wants me to have. 

I am looking forward to having my own place partly because buying and moving house is the next big logistical thing on the horizon and it's just sitting there looming. Also, I'm looking forward to unpacking cos it kind of feels a bit temporary here. Anticipation. I am pretty much organised with my finances though, my FHSA is done (praise God!) and my term deposit is mature and I've got pre approval on a home loan so as soon as I decide I like something in my price range i can swoop in.

I'm heading into a busy month in August. There is a church weekend away, hunter twist workshop, engage, and since my old flat is ending we need to go down at some point and get the rest of my stuff. So there won't be time to do any house hunting for pretty much the whole month.

Once August is done, I'm going to plan a trip to armidale for a few days. 

I've been able to share my thoughts and limited experiences of online dating in a helpful way with some girls at church. One has decided to give it a burl and I think it was great that she brought it out into the open rather than doing it in embarrassment and secrecy. And having dipped my toe in, I was in a great position to talk about it with her. 

No comments: