Thursday, July 17, 2014

Adobe, busy but going nowhere, Kurtosh.


I've felt very busy and tired for a bit. Probably time of year, time of month, etc etc. don't feel like I'm doing a LOT, but just the daily grind is wearing me down. I only just HAD a holiday too! Yay for a flexi day.

I came down to Sydney this week for an adobe roadshow event to see all the things my software does that I don't know about. It was a fun day because I spent it with Bec, and Elsie came for lunch, the food was good and most of the presenters interesting, although there was some waffle about being artists etc which was a bit of a waste of time. I don't think many people there really think of ourselves as artists, because design is, while creative, dictated by a lot of commercial pressures and client wishes. I think creatives is a better word than artists. Art is way more self indulgent. 

Also lovely, I stayed with a family from wild st, and their cute little daughter is my favourite kid in the world. She is always excited when I come which is pretty special for me as well. I hung out there this morning helping with getting dressed and stuff. Now I'm eating sugared bread and a hot chocolate at my favourite randwick cafe, Kurtosh. 

Bec said the east still feels like home to her two years after she moved out. I guess I've spent such formative, fun years here that is will always be special. I have enjoyed my visit and the catching a bus to the city, walking around, going to a cafe. Just a taster of my old life.


I've been dipping my toe into house buying, making offers but not very competitive ones! I'll get a place one day, I'm not worried. I am a bit impatient, because I want to shop for a house but there's not much going on. I am going to get my loan approval organised today I hope, when I get back to maitland.

I organised dinner with friends in maitland this Saturday night, but I just rang the place to book a table and they are booked out. Fail. But anyway I've got the people booked, we'll find something to do. It's a girl from school, girl from Uni, girl from work, and hopefully jk. Got to build a social life.

Very thankful for flexi days. I needed this day. I shall pop in and see another friend before I drive back to maitland.

No comments: