Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sewing to be useful.

I did a lot of sewing. Some of it was inspired by my decluttering. I decided to use up fabric and leftovers from my recent quilt-finishing project and make a small quilt for a baby gift. I had a few bits of patchwork already done, and I cut other fabric into strips and sewed then together then cut them into strips the other way and mixed them up and sewed them together.


I didn't use a ruler and all the equipment that makes quilting accurate, I just used a Twinings tea box as a guide and tried to cut straight. So the resulting quilt isn't exactly square! But I don't care. It was never going to be beautiful because the fabrics clash. I do think it will make a nice cot quilt though, it's an excellent gift. Hopefully when I trim it and bind it it will square up a bit. It cleared out my fabric stash beautifully, anyway.

 The other thing I did was add length to a friend's dress. Very satisfying. I love helping people get more value out of dresses!








No comments: