Monday, January 20, 2014

Shoes!

New orthotics means time to buy new shoes that fit them in. Also that have a strong sole. Lesson: a shoe should only bend where the foot bends, like an L, not like a C. The world is full of shoes that are useless to me.

I tried one shop in the city and they had nothing that fit me. On Sunday I went to Ziera, also in the city, and they were having a sale! The lady was super helpful and got out lots of shoes for me. Also measured my foot like in the olden days, and I'm a 39.5. That's pretty specific. I bought a pair of camel-coloured mary janes, to be my everyday shoes. I loved the red ones but red shoes and a yellow handbag is a bit too Jess Day for me.

I joined the Ziera club where you get $20 every $400 spent. Which is about the 2nd or 3rd pair of shoes. I'm a big fan now. Ziera is my new Colorado. More expensive but removable inner soles. And you can return them within a month.

The only downside is, getting rid of my old shoes. My beloved white and orange Colorados. They are so comfortable. The soles are almost see-through though. I need to throw them away and not even keep them "for the beach", otherwise I'll keep wearing them instead of the Ziera ones. But I have this photo of happy shoe times.


Farewell, trusty shoes. Your loyal service will never be forgotten.

No comments: