Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January holiday oddments.

Summer School last week was variously exhausting and encouraging. I felt like I struggled to take in the talks but there were lots of little bits from the talks, songs, missionary sessions, friends, and even the beauty of the mountains that penetrated quite deeply. I read Keep the Faith, and started reading Romans, sang 'How Great Thou Art', and then actually went and "looked down from lofty mountain grandeur". And it all fit together and a penny dropped about creation displaying God's glory.


I watched Hart of Dixie season 1, which was a Christmas present. Actually got given Miranda S3 twice so returned one of them and got HOD instead. It's very enjoyable. A quaint town, quirky traditions, some beautiful people, and some slow-moving love triangles. It's been done before but it's still fun. Unfortunately season 2 is expensive.

Also listening to Raising Steam. Terry Pratchett is just the best with words. I laughed out loud at "agenderitis", which is where you have too many agendas at a meeting. Listening on the Audible app. The downside of the app is that it doesn't sync with iTunes so you can't leave off on the app and then pick it up on your iPod at the same place. But it's great all the same, with the ability to bookmark and stuff, if you just listen on the one device it's a fair bit better than iTunes.  Here are pics of the Audible app for audiobook lovers.


My favourite word at the moment is "hinterland". It just sounds nice. It's German for back country.

Some good articles in The Briefing. One on discipling in music ministry.

Mum, Julia and I cleaned our grandparents windows inside and out at Christmas. Now I am desperate to clean my windows but I'm stuck because flyscreens on the second story. Maybe a pressure hose thing would work though.

I started a cross-stitch, a small one, did quite a lot of it at Christmas and Summer School until the needle broke.

And I'm back in regular life now.

No comments: