Thursday, August 8, 2013

And we bushdanced.

 That was the highlight of my weekend. I did every dance. So much to love about dancing. Music, exercise, silliness, holding hands and twirling. It's very social too, because you swap partners and reassemble in different sized groups all the time, it's like a big get-to-know-you game, "form groups of 3!" then the next dance "form groups of 9!" You've gotta go dressed for comfort, esp in the footwear department. It is NOT the time for cowboy boots, it's the time for cushioned joggers. Nail polish is good though. Because of all the clapping and stuff, your hands are often at eye level. It doesn't improve the dancing, but you know, as far as nail polish opportunities go dancing is good value. FYI, if you are considering getting bales of hay for decoration, the clean-up effort kind of outweighs the decorative value. It was cool to do once, but I think there will be hay in the corners of the church forever.



Photos courtesy of the Outback Bushband. Excellent music and great calling/teaching.



This dance is crazy. The boys lock shoulders and the girls hang on and everyone circles until the girls feet swing off the ground. Extreme bushdancing.



In other news, I'm probably going to have a piano student. I'm rather looking forward to getting to know a little girl, cos I don't have any kid friends at the moment. And a little pocket money too. I think it will be nice. Just as well I didn't throw out my piano teaching stickers in the big declutter! In fact it's just as well I found them in the big declutter, too.

No comments: