Friday, May 10, 2013

What I'm happy about.

Some gushing.

The mornings are stunning. It's why I'm trying to walk to work a lot. The air is cold and hazy and feels so clean, the leaves are turning, the angle of the sun is lighting everything more beautifully. So a couple of times a week I wake up at 6, and leave the house at 7, and get to work at 8.30. I feel SO fortunate that I can commute like this and start the day with so much beauty.

I'm reading North and South again. Loving it. Not so much the love story, which occasionally seems a bit weird and idolatrous, but the plot and the deaths and the discussions about the big things in life. It's chewy and satisfying. If I had the DVD I would have watched it again because I really want to hear Mr Thornton's lovely voice, or his mother, but I'm glad I can't do that because it's better to go with the pace of the book.

Going to Bathurst tomorrow for a family thing for Grandma's birthday. Really happy about it. Bathurst is quite cold: blanket cape! I'm getting there by bus to Central, train to Blaxland, car to Bathurst. My weekends go opposite extremes at the moment, either it's full and fun, or I don't leave the house. I'm in the mood for a full one, whereas last weekend I didn't leave the house apart from church stuff. I feel like there's an emotional rhythm matching my diary.

A lot of joy this morning, I booked flights for my September holiday today because we had our dates all organised and were waiting for a Qantas sale. $59 flights to regional NSW, unbelievably cheap. BUY! Normal economy is like $100-300 price range. Let alone the time saved cos it's most of a day to drive or go on the train. Train would take 8 hours and costs $95.

And now, for some music… you should watch this lip-syncing video. John Krasinski is one of my favourite male leads, up there with Richard Armitage and Tom Ellis. One of my "top persons", if you like. His 'Teenage Dream' cracks me up cos I hate that song.

No comments: