Monday, May 20, 2013

Family weekends #2.

Went to freezing Goulburn for Saturday night, and had a Chinese banquet dinner for Grandfather's 90th birthday with about a quarter of the family able to make it, so a nice number not a massive crowd. It was really good and I realised that I'm rather fortunate that both sides of my family are pretty wonderful and everyone gets on. Also we had the loudest Happy Birthday To You in the restaurant.

This is Grandfather cutting the cake with a carving knife he made when they were first married. It's worn away to a stiletto now.




What happened the rest of the weekend:


And then we went home on Sunday afternoon, and I drove, and then I went to church but it was pretty much a write-off because I was too tired. I wrote in a baby book, and then went home and realised I might have written to the wrong parents. Lucky I've got lots of vitamin C tablets, I'm running on half power again this week.

No comments: