Friday, September 28, 2012

Come the holidays.

Last day of work. It sort of came all unexpectedly, this long weekend, and I'm flying to Armidale for a break on Tuesday. Not sure what I'll do in Armidale, it's all unplanned and casual, but my friend lives in a building full of pianos, so I imagine I shall have plenty to amuse me there. In the meantime, the long weekend will also be good, I hope, spent quietly here in Sydney. Tonight I am seeing Legally Blonde the musical, yay!, and tomorrow a friend is coming over and we are doing a combined op-shop clearout of our junk, her suggestion after reading my blog post, I really enjoy spending time with people while doing something useful. No slight guilt over money spent or calories eaten. My big ambition, though, is to varnish the chest of drawers. I don't know if the weather will be good enough, but I'm fed up of my clothes on the floor and the big unfinished project. I've got a paintbrush from Mitre 10 in my handbag right now. On the other hand, maybe I should prioritise house cleaning for the rental inspection. Nah, paint first clean later.

On a related note, Did you know there is a Josephan's chocolate shop in the city? The one from Leura, it's on the corner of King and York streets. I don't buy gourmet chocolate myself but I know others do, so I am sharing the good news. York street is a very nice street, it has lovely stone buildings, but the shops there are shabby, it's got the useful shops like Lincraft and Mitre 10, rather than fancy clothes shops like everywhere else. Funny how like attracts like. Of all the city streets it's the one I would like to live on I think.

2 comments:

/Karen/ said...

Thanks for the tip RE Josephans!

Hope you enjoy your holiday too.

Jessica said...

You're welcome and thanks!