Monday, September 10, 2012

Busy but good.

I had a really nice weekend. I'm always torn three ways on weekends, I want to do nothing and rest with a book or the TV, I want to see my friends and do fun things outside and enjoy the weather, and I want to get my life and house in order and shop and exercise and be productive. All three is a bit hard. This weekend I kind of let go of what I wanted to do because there was just stuff I had to do, music for a kids event at church taking up half of it. But miraculously, I managed to get all 3 weekends in one anyway! It was actually a bit hectic and went fast, but it didn't feel hectic.

I had dinner with 2 friends in Chinatown after work on Friday, tick social, went to bed early, got up and did some Jillian after breakfast, tick exercise. Got summer clothes out and put some coats away, tick productive. Went to vote at my flatmates church with K, had a sausage bun for lunch and saw a car accident, tick do fun things, did my grocery shopping on way home, tick food. Walked to M Junction and EG Westfield to find a new fluro tube for the kitchen. Couldn't find one, and also got a bit lost on the way so was very hot and angry and tired by the time I got to church for music practice, in a foul mood. Fail. Oh I forgot, being so hot and tired I wanted a smoothie but couldn't buy one. After a few hours learning kids songs I got a lift home, and I was complaining about how hard it is to find a fluro lightbulb, and it turns out the couple driving me home had a lightbulb store in the boot of the car. What are the chances? "Mr Good" installed it for me and everything! Tick changing the light, and tick I feel happy because someone randomly helped me!

Then I was about to start cooking dinner but I remembered I should make soup for church dinner instead, so I went back to Coles and bought pumpkin etc and made soup. THEN I vegged out with Season 1 of Criminal Minds, tick relaxing. My flatmate likes the show but I find it scary and also the characters are pretty dull and I have no idea who is who, so I thought I'd start at the beginning, and it's a lot better at the beginning. The characters actually have personality.

Sunday morning was the kids thing at church, tick serving others. After lunch I watched some more Criminal Minds with my flatmate and a bag of freddos, tick relaxing. Then walked to church, tick exercise and enjoying sun. Soup after church but didn't have to wash up because had cooked, tick not washing up. More Criminal Minds after church. Made my sandwich for Monday, tick getting stuff done.


No comments: