Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First crochet steps.

I tend to mispronounce it crocher, instead of crochey, for some reason. This is my crochet kit. I have a very quaint knitting bag I think Mum had floating around, and a crochet hook. The eagle-eyed crocherer will notice I have trouble with the corners and one of these finished squares is a bit distorted where I did three treble thingies in the corner instead of two and then crocheted over it the next time around regardless. I think those adventures make things more unique.



I've pretty much used up my leftover balls of wool so I've progressed to unravelling a scarf I knitted when I was at Uni, a long Doctor Who (circa Tom Baker) scarf. Not that it isn't a cool scarf, but it's itchy around the neck and stretchy and heavy. So here are some photos for posterity, and it will be reincarnated as a hopefully more useful granny rug.

No comments: