Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Flower craft 1.

You don't have to be neat and careful with this craft, you just sit in front of the TV cutting and burning! I found the tutorial on Pinterest. See it here.



You get some organza, which is $9.95 p/m at Lincraft. You cut flower shapes with about 5 petals. You hold them in the hot air current above a candle flame, and let the edges melt and curl over. You put smaller curled up flowers on top of bigger ones and make a nice camellia sort of thing, sewing them together with a couple of beads in the centre. I couldn't find my beads and bead needle, so I did some french knots with metallic thread.


This is a pinkish white, they didn't have many nice flower colours at Lincraft. You could make them for hair clips and that sort of thing, but I'm thinking more decorating a wall in my room, or making a bouquet, if I get some florist wire.

1 comment:

Ali said...

These are very pretty! And so easy!I don't know exactly what I'd do with them, but it's nice to know how.